What is YOU(th) Decide?
YOU(th) Decide NY was developed to empower teenaged youth (like you) to learn about the dangers of underage gambling and to share that knowledge with their peers, parents and communities.
Am I eligible to volunteer for YOU(th) Decide?
- Do you live in New York State?
- Are you between the ages of 12 and 17?
Why should I volunteer with YOU(th) Decide?
- Receive volunteer hours for your classes/honor society
- Build your college application
- Gain experience in advocacy and policy work
- Develop your leadership skills
- Educate your peers
- Make a difference in your community
As a YOU(th) Decide volunteer you will be asked to:
- Learn about underage gambling and how it can have negative consequences for youth (don’t worry, we’ll help you with this part!)
- Ask a parent, guardian, or other adult in your life to be on your team
- Meet with a community leader (coach, faith leader, director of the youth center, you name it…) to educate them about underage gambling
- ASK him/her to sign a resolution of support for underage gambling prevention and/or a gambling-free event policy